2.Get a copy
2.Get a CD
My Work as a Journalist and Essayist
During the 70s and 80s I spent fifteen years as a free-lance reporter for a variety of
newspapers, including the Minneapolis Star and Minneapolis Sunday Tribune. I received
the Minnesota State Newspaper Association Award for investigative reporting for special
assignment series for the Catholic Bulletin in St. Paul.
Essays and Articles
My articles have appeared in
- Catholic Digest,
- Psychology Today,
- New Woman Magazine,
- Writer’s Yearbook and others.
Popular Essays from my Sociological Research
- "Love in the Afternoon", an article on dating and courtship among the elderly,
co-authored with Kris Bulcroft, Psychology Today,June, 1986.
- "How to Look for Love in All the Right Places," co-authored with Jane Silvermann, Glamour Dec. 1988
- "Looking for Love in All the Right Places," co-authored with Jane Silverman, New Woman, Jan. 1989
Recent essays on spirituality
- “Poet in the Chapel” Liguorian Magazine,January 2001.
- “God of Visions, Small and Large”. St.Anthony Messenger, May 2000.
Return to Writings
Return to HOME